August 18, 2009

Just A Girl...

Just A Girl. That's me. I have a husband, a dog, a job, a car, and a freight train full of stress... you know, your typical average female.

So I've had some drama, well lots of drama, all throughout my life. And here I am, 32 and recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (FMS). I've been in a constant flare since February. I got diagnosed in May. And here we are at mid-August. I've been to see a multitude of doctors, read far too many articles on the Internet, and I'm still sitting here at square one. (actually I think I took a few steps back from there...)

At any rate, I thought it was high-time that I started chronicling this experience to help myself see where I'm headed, where I'm at and where I've been.

So this part of my journey begins, a journey of a girl with Fibro, just trying to find a way to lower her stress, reduce her pain and lead a successful and prosperous life. I hope you'll join me, as any journey is always more pleasant with friends at your side.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly where you're coming from! I was diagnosed 2-1/2 years ago and have been in a constant flare since February. Education is power - educate yourself and educate your doctors. Feel free to visit my site at fmslife.blogspot.com, where I chronicle my own journey and share all I'm learning. You're not alone in this.

    Take care,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    I stumbled across your blog through Jessica's. I was diagnosed this past November, and I am 20 years old. Like Jessica said, always remember that you are not alone. There are plenty of people out there (like Jessica and I) who are there with you, and there for you. Always remember that you are YOU, you are not the fibro. It will try to take over your life, but you can't let it. Take care, we're here for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!I found you thru twitter,so I thought I'd check out your blog.I always feel like others say things better than me,like Sarah&Jessica,now there are 2 sweet girls you want in your corner.I'm so glad that I found them.But,I wanted you to know that I care&understand 2.I'm 37&was diagnosed just after I had my first baby,18+yrs.ago.I too,am mourning the things fibro has taken away from me&my family.I'm also suffering from depression right now,so its hard for me to be positive.But,please know&remember that you are not alone.The things that Sarah&Jessica said are SO true.Learning as much as we can helps us with the fear we have of the unknown&what is happening to us.And not letting it take over our life helps us enjoy what we can do on our "good"days,but not hate ourselves for what we couldn't do on our bad days.I hope you can get some comfort in knowing that we are here for you&we"get"it.Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete